Obesity treatment using Lime Juice and Honey Fasting on lime juice-honey water is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity. In this mode of treatment, one teaspoon of fresh honey should be mixed with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water and taken at regular intervals.
The leaves of jujube or Indian plum are another valuable remedy for obesity. A handful of leaves should be soaked overnight in water and this water should be taken in the morning, preferably on an empty stumach. This treatment should be continued for at least one month to achieve beneficial results.
Cabbage is considered to be an excellent home remedy for obesity. Recent research has revealed that a valuable chemical called tartaric acid is present in this vegetable which inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction. Substituting a meal with cabbage salad would be the simplest way to stay slim.
One or two ripe tomatoes taken early morning as a substitute for breakfast, for a couple of months, are considered a safe method of weight reduction. They also supply the food elements essential to preserve health.
Finger millet is an ideal food for the obese, because its digestion is slow and due to this, the carbohydrates take a longer time to get absorbed. By eating preparations made of finger millet, the constant desire to eat is curbed, thus reducing the daily calorie intake. At the same time, finger millet supplies an abundant quantity of calcium, phosphorus, iron, Vitamin B1 and B2 and prevents malnutrition in spite of restricted food.
Here are some simple and dos and you should avoid that one can adhere to:
YOU MUST DO
- Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods.
- Eat tomato in the morning and in salad. Make it a regular habit.
- Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. Have some salads, vegetables with it.
- Have raw or cooked cabbage as it inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat.
- Include a source of vitamin B-12 in your diet.
- Use vegetable oil instead of butter or stick margarine.
- Prefer eating steam, boiled, microwave vegetables
- Eat less salty foods, alcohol, dairy products, sugar, margarine
- Replace whole milk with skim or low fat milk for your preparation
- Roast, bake or boil meat, fish, to destroy all the fat present
YOU SHOULD AVOID
- Avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.
- All kinds of milk products-cheese, butter, and non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat. Be sufficient with twice a glass of milk.
- Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.
- Avoid high calorie foods like chocolates, ice cream, sweets, butter, heavy refined foods which have high calories.
- Avoid meals when under stress or tension.
- Stop taking bread prepared with wheat alone as the key ingredient. An ideal mixture must consist of whole grams flour and soyabeans.
Do not skip any meal
Eat three regular meals a day. Avoid skipping any meal.
Small frequent well-spaced meals are desirable
Instead of eating only 2 more meals during the day like lunch, dinner, it is advisable to eat 4-5 more small mini-meals spaced between 2-3 hours apart during the day.
Drink plenty of water
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to avoid fluid retention.
- Drink a glass of boiled water daily after every meal.
Other Obesity Treatment
Exercise and perspirational activities
Exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. A workout for at least 30 minutes to an hour every morning is beneficial.
Walking is the best exercise to begin with. Other exercises include swimming, bicycling, trekking and so on.
Curb negative emotions and develop positive outlook
Above all, obese persons should make every effort to avoid negative emotions such as anxiety, fear, hostility, and insecurity, and develop a positive outlook on life.
Acupressure and Obesity
Acupressure points such as the middle of the upper lip, below the nose and an inch below and one inch up the naval point on the stomach are points of relevance incase of obesity. Press these points 3 to 4 times a day for 5minutes each. It helps control hunger and in the overall control of obesity.
Behavior Modification towards Eating
For three months, eat food by chewing a single morsel at least 50 times, so that it turns into almost a liquid before gulping it down. It has very effectively reduced the obesity of many people.